Meeting a truck accident lawyer in Albuquerque: Top tips!
If you were injured in a commercial truck accident in Albuquerque, you may choose to file a personal injury lawsuit. However, the various aspects of truck accidents can be different from a standard car crash. It is not always clear as to which party should be held responsible. Was the trucker negligent? Should you sue the trucking company? Were there other parties or cars involved in the accident? Could they have a role in causing the accident? Without legal expertise, you could be an underdog with your lawsuit, given that trucking and insurance companies have the best of legal counsel. Working with one of experienced Albuquerque truck accident lawyers can change the course of your claim, and when you meet an attorney for the first time, here some tips to consider.
- Be transparent. Just like you would never lie to a doctor, maintain the same level of transparency with your lawyer. Regardless of the cause of the accident and the party at fault, you should ensure that your truck accident lawyer knows the best version of the incident from your perspective.
- Ask about possible outcomes. A good lawyer can give you a fair of what to expect from the case. In the first meeting, they may not share the exact outcomes, but they will explain their approach and how they plan to file the lawsuit. They will typically do their own part of investigation, talk to witnesses, and gather evidence to build the case.
- Discuss insurance companies. Most insurance companies that work with trucking services have incredible legal services at disposal, and they will want to reduce their financial liability to the best possible extent. Talk to your truck accident lawyer in depth as if and how they will negotiate when needed.
- Ask about the fee. Generally, all personal injury lawyers in New Mexico work on a contingency basis, and they will usually take a part of the compensation as their fee. Nevertheless, it makes sense to discuss their fee in advance.
- Know their experience. As a new client, you have every right to ask questions when you meet and hire a truck accident lawyer. For example – How long they have been dealing with truck accident cases? What are some of their best achievements? Are they willing to share client references?
Find an attorney who has the time for your case, and they should be accessible for meetings and calls, as and when needed.